When we first started MirrorLessons, we never could have imagined that our online blogging journey would eventually bring us to the biggest photography trade show in the world, Photokina 2014, but here we are a year and a half later, ready to board the plane for Cologne! In the past, we have visited other conventions such as the Photo Show in Milan and the Photography Show in Birmingham, but neither compare in size nor popularity to Photokina, an event which only occurs every two years and features all the most well-known photography brands in the world.
At this year’s event, Mathieu and I will be doing a complete reportage on anything and everything to do with the mirrorless camera world.
We have interviews lined up, new cameras and lenses to test, meet-ups with our fellow photographers and bloggers planned, and much more. If you want to receive all the updates from our six days at the event, all you have to do is visit this “sticky post” where will add links to our most recent articles and reviews as we upload them. You may also choose to subscribe to us and receive our daily updates right in your inbox.
Do remember that if you have any questions about the event and the various mirrorless brands, you can feel free to leave us a comment in the comments section below. We will do our very best to respond to you!
Live Blogging will start on September the 15th with all the major press releases, while our first hands-on reviews and interviews will begin on the 16th and be published the day after. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for additional pictures and updates!
- Photokina 2014: Interview with product manager Riccardo Scotti of Fujifilm Italy
- Photokina 2014: Hands-On with the XF 50-140mm f/2.8, XF 56mm f/1.2 APD and more
- Photokina 2014: Hands-On with the new Fujifilm X100T, X30 and X-T1 Graphite Silver
- Big announcement from Fujifilm: X100T, Graphite Silver X-T1, XF 56mm APD and XF 40-150mm f/2.8!
- Photokina 2014: Hands-On with the new Leica X and Leica X-E
- Photokina 2014: Hands-on with the Leica M-A, Leica M-60 and the missing “entry level” M
- Photokina 2014: Trying the new Leica Summarit-M-lenses on the Sony A7s
- Photokina 2014: Interview with Rachel Barker of Leica about the M-A, M-60, T series and more
Manual focus lenses (Mitakon, Voigtländer, Samyang)
- Photokina 2014: Nokton 10.5mm f/0.95, ZY Optics 42.5mm f/1.2 and 24mm f/1.7 – Manual focus lenses for the MFT system
- Photokina 2014: The Mitakon Speedmaster “Dark Knight” Pro 50mm f/0.95 and Samyang 50mm f/1.4 on the Sony A7s
- Photokina 2014: Hands-On with the new Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8 Pro and more
- Photokina 2014: Interview with Olympus Europe: selfies, OM-D, lenses, pro support and video
- Olympus announces the 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Zoom, Silver E-M1, and Firmware Update 2.0
- Photokina 2014: Hands-on with the LX100, GM5, & Leica D-LUX (rebranded LX100)
- Photokina 2014: Hands-on with the Panasonic Lumix CM1, the true smart camera
- The Lumix CM1 Smartphone – The first true fusion of camera and smartphone?
- Panasonic announces the GM5, LX100, 35-100mm and 14mm & GH4 firmware update
- Photokina 2014: Hands-on with the new Samsung NX1
- Did Samsung just announce the most powerful mirrorless camera to date? Meet the new NX1
- Photokina 2014: An interview with Sony Japan – Mirrorless innovation, new lenses, and more!
- Five new lenses for Sony’s mirrorless full-frame system & Pro Support comes to Europe!
- Photokina 2014: First impressions of the Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/1.4 ZM for the M-mount system
- Photokina 2014: First impressions of the Zeiss Loxia lenses for Sony E-mount
- Photokina 2014: Interview with Zeiss product manager Christophe Casenave: Loxia, Touit, MFT and more
Like our blog? Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter! If you’re planning on buying camera gear, you can check out Amazon and Adorama. Prices remain the same for you, but a small percentage of your purchase value is valued back to us. Thank you!