MIRRORLESS CAMERA TUTORIALS, TIPS AND TRICKS
Here you will find in-depth articles about a specific camera, function or photography technique.
Some articles are an extension of a specific review and focus on a relevant firmware update or a function that allows to create interesting photograph. We also include more general tutorials, tips and tricks about photography, mirrorless cameras in general and post production.
Here you will find articles related to general topics focused on mirrorless cameras and photography techniques.
- How to Improve the Battery Life of your Mirrorless Camera
- Mirrorless cameras and HDR: the good, the bad and the ugly
- Should you buy a new or used mirrorless camera?
Behind the photograph
We pick one of our favorite photo and we share the behind the scene. How did we take it, which settings did you use or how we approached the subject or the situation.
- Behind the Photograph – Blues on the Beach with the Olympus Pen E-P5
- Behind the Photograph – One evening on the rocks with the Fujifilm X100s
In-depth articles that focus on enhancing the post production of images taken with mirrorless cameras.
Shooting video with mirrorless cameras
Some mirrorless models have great video capabilities. In the following articles we write specifically about how to make the best out of the video functionalities.
- Shooting slow motion with the Sony RX10 II and RX100 IV
- Shooting in the tunnel of memories: Using the Sony A7 for Video
- Vacationing in Wales: An In-Depth Look at the Sony RX100 II Video Function
- In-Depth Review of the Panasonic GH3 for Video: Episode 1 – Chaos&Cosmos
Fujifilm camera tutorials, tips and tricks
In-depth articles, tips and tricks related to Fujifilm mirrorless cameras.
- Problem solving: How to deal with the Fujifilm X-Pro2 and X-T2 “grid” artefacts
- A fun experiment: Using the Fuji X-Pro2 OVF and XF 100-400mm for birds in flight
- Let’s shoot some action, chapter II: an in-depth Fuji X-T1 firmware 4.0 review
- Let’s shoot some action! – An in-depth look at the Fuji X-T1 autofocus capabilities
- A first look at the Fujifilm Film Simulation modes with Adobe Camera Raw 8.4
- What is the Best Way to Post-Process Fuji X100s Colours?
- Manual focusing with the X-Pro1, focus peaking and Leica M lenses
Micro Four Thirds camera tutorials, tips and tricks
In-depth articles, tutorials, tips and tricks related to Olympus and Panasonic micro four thirds cameras.
- Using Live Composite on the Olympus OM-D E-M1 for Fireworks
- Olympus Pen F – Using the Creative Monochrome and Color Profiles
- A first look at Panasonic’s Post Focus function with the Lumix GX8
- Using the Panasonic GX8 and 4K Photo for Insects in Flight
- Using Focus Bracketing on the Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
- More shallow depth of field with your Micro Four Thirds camera – Using the Brenizer Method
- Backyard Bird Photography with the OM-D E-M1, 14-150mm f/4-5.6 Mark II & Olympus Share app
- A shallow depth of field with a Micro 4/3s camera? Yes, it is possible!
- Contemporary Dance in Moncalieri: Pushing the Lumix GX7’s autofocus to the limit
- Pasta Ouverture: A stop motion animation with the Panasonic GX7
Sony mirrorless camera tutorials, tips and tricks
Articles, tutorials, tips and tricks related to Sony mirrorless cameras (both the interchangeable-lens and RX series).
- The Sony A7r II Review, Chapter I: The autofocus test
- Post-processing Sony RX100M2 colours with Lightroom and Huelight Color Profiles