Date: 14/10/2016 | By: Heather
5DayDeal – The Complete Photography Bundle 2016 – Save 96% on photography resources while giving to charity
This year, Mathieu and I are proud to be promoting The Complete Photography Bundle by 5DayDeal.
Running annually since 2013, The Complete Photography Bundle comprises more than 25 high-quality photography resources written and designed by the world’s top photography educators including well-known names such as Trey Ratcliff, David DuChemin, Brian Matiash, and many more.
Each resource on its own would normally cost anywhere between $50 – $225, but when bought together in a bundle, you receive an incredible discount of 96% on the total value.
In other words, you pay just $97 for $2,701 worth of photography resources!
- in-depth e-books about a variety of topics such as compositional techniques, lens selection, and camera settings and post-processing
- presets for Lightroom
- actions for Photoshop
- genre-specific tips and tutorials in written and video format
And that’s not all. Griffin, Valerie and the rest of the 5Day Deal team are committed to having a positive impact on charitable projects as well.
This is why 10% from every purchase goes toward 5DayDeal’s charity partners:
- Boma Project: A two-year poverty graduation program that provides women with cash grants, sustained business training and mentoring so that they can support families.
- Mercy Ships: State of the art hospital ships that mobilise people and resources worldwide, offering free life-changing surgeries to poor populations without access to health care.
- The Exodus Road: A counter-trafficking movement that support interventions and rescues with technology, covert gear, resources, staff who free victims of slavery.
- Tough as Her: Helps women in developing countries through microcredit, literacy programs, agricultural training, while giving access to clean water and health care.
This is the fourth bundle of this magnitude and promises to be just as, if not more successful than the last two bundles, which each generated over $200,000 in charity impact.
While perhaps not every resource in the bundle will be your cup of tea, there is enough variety to satisfy photographers with different interests.
For example, aspiring landscape photographers may not care about the various portrait tutorials but they will certainly enjoy the Lightroom presets for landscapes, the landscape post-processing guide and the e-book about compositional skills.
Given my background in the visual arts, I was personally very interested in Dave Seeram’s illustration and painting actions for Photoshop. With his actions, you can transform your favourite images into fun illustrations, paintings, and “comic book” style drawings.
I also really enjoyed Nicole Young’s e-book, video tutorials and presets for photographing long exposures of waterfalls and waves. Not only does she provide lots of helpful advice for both beginners and those with more experience, but she also supplies you with a set of DNG files with which you can practise your post-processing techniques.
Finally, I had lots of fun trying out the different landscape presets for Lightroom from Richard Schneider. Consisting of over 60 different presets designed specifically for landscapes, they give your images a distinct mood that might be difficult to recreate without in-depth knowledge of Lightroom. Some of the presets are quite subtle, whereas others can completely change the atmosphere of the original shot as you can see in the examples below.
Like our blog? Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter! If you’re planning on buying camera gear, you can check out Amazon, B&H Photo and PhotoMADD. Prices remain the same for you, but a small percentage of your purchase value is valued back to us. Thank you!